Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good-bye 2008

Well, 2008 is almost over ... only a few more hours and it'll be long gone and part of our history. Do you wonder if any of it will make it into your kids' kids' kids' history books? Was there anything memorable? Well, here on sagebrush hill (that's what one of my friends calls my house because that's all you see ... and she's from Florida so it's acceptable) there has been lots of memorable stuff, it might not make it into the history books but it's our history so it matters to us.

I'll sum it up in some photo's for you all ...
~ Jason took Jenna, Nathan, Molly and I half way across this continent to buy his spray foam machine and thus ending his 14 year career with Fremont Motor Company.

The kids and Molly standing on the edge of Wisconsin (at a rest stop for Molly)

Jasons' truck and trailer with the business logo ...

This is a photo of a building with foam insulation in it that Phat Foam (Jason's business) did.

~ Ms. Payton was born in March. As you might have figured out, she's a precious part of our lives and holds a special part of each one of our hearts. She's not one of our kids, she belongs to one of our friends but we still love her just the same. So here is a baby picture of her ...

and a picture 9 months later ... Don't you just want to kiss that face?

~ Jenna and Nathan played baseball/softball. Jenna was #23 and Nathan was #7
Nathan
Jenna

~ Jason played basketball ... believe me, it was memorable. He played against a group that (I can't remember the name of them) but they were like a knock off of the Globetrotters. They were good and funny and yes they did do some humilating things to the players ... I'll never forget the dance that my poor husband had to do in front of our small little town!



Jenna & Nathan with one of those players.

~ Nathan's little dog Lizzy came up missing in February. In late August we found him another little dog (not so little anymore) but her name is Ivy. She's a black lab and it is very true that dogs act (they say look, but in this case it is act) like their owners ... if you know Nathan, you know what I'm talking about.


~ Nathan, Jenna, Debbie, Tecia and I all passed Hunter's Safety!!

Where's Nathan in this photo? He's not there ... us girls were not cool enough for him and he hung out with some cooler people (they were just boys)


Here he is target shooting with a handgun.


~ Jenna adopted a cat from the Casper Humane Society. His name is Hercules.

~ 2 weeks later we adopted another cat named Si from the same place.



A few things that I don't have any photos of are:

~ New baby is on the way! Tecia and Ben are expecting in May and you can bet you will find pictures here!

~ 2 new engagements! Theresa announced her engagement to Jason and that is set for June and Charlie announced his engagement to Jennifer and that is set to happen in August.

~ I have some sad things that happened this year but I don't think I want to remember them too much so I am not posting them here.


I'm truly thankful for everything that happened this year, good and bad, sad and happy, weak and strong. It has made me a stronger person and our family a stronger family unit. So my last picture is a family picture of my family - there are several of them. We were at Sweetwater the day after the 4th of July. And as you can tell, Molly was in every single picture but not where she was supposed to be. So hope you find it as comical as we did.




Finally ... a photo without that dang dog!


So my next post will be from 2009 and so we'll see you then! Goodbye 2008 ...


Molly fetching a dummy out of the water.


Hello 2009 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment